Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Growing up the twins -2 Daughter makes my week

I have this routine of going out with friends on weekends specifically dinner on saturday nights. It has been almost 17 years since I started meeting them. During my college and early on career it used to be daily about 10 years back it has been on Saturdays. We rarely miss this outing. Possible max 5
times in a year. We all are married now 6 of us. Intially there were objections or discomfort expressed by most wives, well they have come to accept it that we have to meet. Some join us.

Last weekend was one such weekend. I got call my wife saying that my daughter was asking for me (appa) at 10:15 PM. I spoke to her (the little one 2yrs 4 months) she in her own language spoke to me understood some bit of it. She is attached to her mom more than me. This was 2 or 3 time she asked for me before sleeping. BTW The couple with daughter sleep in one room and son with grandmom in another. We normally go to sleep at around 10 PM.

I returned home at around 11:15 PM, sneeked into the bedroom without switching on the light. I suddenly saw a movement ahoy my daughter sat up. off course my wife is always sleeping. I asked to sleep and went of to brush and wash and came back after 10 min, my daughter is standing on the floor as if she was waiting foe me. I put her on bed and lay beside her. She started kissing me. She kissed me may be 15-20 times. In another couple of minutes she was fast asleep.

Wow!! I could not belive it, she was waiting for me come home?? It was a wonderful feeling. She normally doesnt show so much affection. I fell asleep feeling great. It was one of the best weekend i have ever had.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really it is heart touching about your daughter waiting for u