Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Staying Slim - My way

I have been marinating 60 - 62 kgs with a waist of 30-31 inches for atleast 10 years. I used to be lower before that. Big deal, yes I can easily put on 2-3 kgs in 2 weeks if I eat out of control or stop physical activity. I can come back to normal in a matter 4 -5 weeks. I have not tested my limits beyond that. I am afraid to risk. I start seeing the sagging waistline that it is time to get back to normalcy. BTW I love eating; I eat when I am bored.

Strategy I follow to stay thin is combination of consciousness, exercise and diet

1. 20-30 mins of exercise 6 days a week. Includes stretching, skipping, a combination aerobics I picked up from TV, sit-ups. I should feel my body has put in effort at burning calories.

2. Being conscious of calories. Identify foods which are of high calorific value, eating those will itself make me feel guilty when I overdo things. I eat what I like the most and keep away from others.
I Love chocolates, and 365 days you can find it in my fridge. I have eaten chocolates for breakfast, lunch and dinner when in Switzerland. Can’t imagine doing it now. But I have small pieces every time I feel like. Eat fried foods, sweets and ice creams (my mouth water at the thought of Hot chocolate fudge and death by chocolate in Corner house) occasionally varying from once a week to once a month.

3. Eat often; I don’t give myself a chance to be very hungry. This helps me avoid heavy meals. So I fix my eating time 8 AM, 12:30 PM, 5 PM and 9 PM.

4. Picked up eating Ragi muddae (balls) for last 4 year. This has helped cut down on rice for dinner.

5. Indulge less often may be once a month.

6. NEVER use lifts, always use stairs even if it 10 floors.

7. Try to walk if the distances are small.

8. Doing small things at home which involves getting up from sofa or bed as often.

9. Read material and identify what will work for me.

10. Helps to have parents who are on thinner side.

I find it a challenge to control my waistline during Dasara, Deepavali season and in March, April when there birthday treats and Ugadi.

Bottom line is to be conscious that I have to stay thin and discipline oneself.

Next I am wondering how to build a little muscle without going to Gym. ;-)

No comments: