Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Hotel Mylari in Mysore

Pakki mama, my uncle insisted that we have early breakfast in Mylari hotel in Mysore. Next morning his family was ready sharp 8:30. This was a laid back pakki mama. He did not know the way; his Mysore friend took us to Mylari hotel on Nazarth road. It was road close to palace, a rather dirty street with lots of dung. Saw a small hotel with lots of cars in front of it. There were lots of people waiting. It reminded me of the Malleshwaram CTR. The entrance was narrow, I dint bother to peep in. After 45 mins we decided we will get some tables.

I had a shock on entering the place. It was a narrow 10 X 20 ft place with tiny tables with four chairs each. There were couple of table in adjoining room seating 6 people and people washed there hand there. The place doesn't seem to have changed for atleast 40 years. First though what the f*&^ where have I landed? I had second thoughts of eating there. The place seems to be ok on cleanliness, so decided to eat anyhow I wanted to taste the food.
Had to stand beside a table waiting for people to finish. I hate to do this. In Mysuru be mysurian.

I finally got a chair not table. Somebody in the group had ordered for idlis. Though not exactly fond of idlis I could not wait. Idlis were soft and chutney very good. I actuly enjoyed the idlis. Others had ordered Masala dosae. Those golden brown with dollop of benae oops did i make feel had I missed out on second dosae by eating idlis. Next stop dosae. It came almost immediately. Wow it was so soft and almost like cotton to feel and ahoy there was sagu instead of alu palya. Surprise, surprise it was a wonderful combination. Delicious is an under statement. The aroma of dosae with banae, the golden brwon finish, and the wonderful taste wow, wow, I felt it was better the CTR dosae.

I finished it of with a filter coffee. I was good. I will recommend it to all my friends in Bengalooru. Next time in Mysooru will not be complete without dosae in Mylari hotel sluruuuuuup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.