Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jog - 2 Top view

Next stop was Jog again, this time it was from the top. There were so many people, it was more like a Jog Jatre, with lots of vendors lined up on the road to the top. Once we went to the view point, it was more like Majestic in Bangalore oops Bengaluru. My friends did not bother to some down. Well Down means to the top of the falls from the view point near British bungalow.

Oh! Boy people had gone crazy; men, women and kids were looking down from the edge of the falls. Men were holding the women and children to help them have a wonderful view. Yes from the edge of the falls looking down at 900 feet vertical drop. People were sitting, lying down, hanging and having a look down. It was like this all around the horseshoe shaped cliff. (One can’t make out from the front view that the falls is horseshoe shaped). Off course everybody wanted to have the Mungaru Male view of the falls. Infact people were talking about it.

To be honest even I got bitten by the looking down bug, I sat on the edge of the cliff and looked at the bottom of the falls, initially I was scared but once I looked down it was not so scary. I enjoyed the view of the water falling down into the emerald green pool formed by Sharavathi. It is a sight to be remembered. I shot it all with my handycam.

I was as irresponsible as everybody, looks like it needs couple of deaths to wake up the tourism department to stop people from looking down. But the view was worth the risk.

Back to Bengaluru

Drove from Sagar to Tarikere, Accent viva is a nice car to drive. The car is easy on driver, at 4 and 5 th gear the response of the engine is wonderful. Reaching 120 – 130 kmph is very easy. I thought the car had a bit of understeer or may be I was taking on the curves too fast. It doesn’t strain the driver much. After that Sridhar and Ramu drove rached home at 1 PM. We had covered 950 kms in 2 days

No comments: