Friday, April 13, 2007

Parents expectation on Children


Teenager commits suicide unable to score enough marks. I used to think why children have become like this and used to tell myself that I will never have expectations from my children. I will leave them to enjoy their lives. Bulls shit, even I have such high expectation from my little ones and was terribly disappointed when they dint perform. I have now once again promised myself that I will not have too much of expectation, let me see if I can live up my own promise.

Today was the last day of pre-nursery school for my 2 yrs 8 months kids. There was a fancy dress organized. Yesterday we had a rehearsal at home. They were wonderful. Today I went to the school taking leave. My son refused to remove his shirt and stuck to us. My daughter simply refused to wear the dhoti. When one of the kids was dancing both of them promptly went on to the stage to dance. I, my wife and my mom were terribly disappointed that they did not go to the stage and perform. Almost all the kids dressed up and went onto the stage except for one other kid. Rest of the time my children were normal playing around with their friends.

I was angry with my kids almost scolding them. Now I wonder what would be going through their minds, first of all they were so embarrassed or probably dint like the dress we wanted them to wear on top of it they must be wondering why the parents are angry with them.

Now I think I realize how much pressure the children must be going through when they commit suicide. If I have so much expectation from almost babies and being aware that I should not apply pressure, I can imagine how much pressure the parents will be applying on adolescents and teenagers without the realization....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.